Vendaka Masala Pachadi is made of Okra and is cooked with vegetables and coconut and garnished in yoghurt.
- Okra/Lady’s finger (500 gm)
- Grated Coconut (1 cup)
- Yoghurt (1 cup)
- Onion chopped (1 cup)
- Tomaotes chopped (1 cup)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Salt as per taste
- Refined oil (2 tbsp)
- Sesame oil/ til oil (1 tbsp)
- Urad dal/ Black gram dal (1 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tbsp)
- mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Red Chilly powder (1 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tbsp)
- Dried red chilly (1, whole)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Heat refined oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the okra and shallow fry them till it turns light brown. Empty it in a bowl and keep it a side.
- To make a coconut paste, grind grated coconut in a grinder adding 1/2 cup water, and keep it aside.
- Wisk the yoghurt and keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan, add sesame oil and mustard seeds.Once the seeds splutter, add cumin seeds and urad dal.Once the urad dal turns golden brown, add curry leaves and dried red chilly and saute.
- Add the chopped onion, saute till golden brown.Add chopped tomatoes and saute again.Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and coriander powder and saute them. Keep them in a slow flame and cook the tomatoes.
- Add the okra and mix them all well.Add the coconut paste and mix again.Keep it to cook for two minutes and add the wisked yoghurt and mix well. Bring it to boil and cook it for 2 minutes.
Vendaka Masala Pachadi is ready to be served hot with steamed rice.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”54″ numberposts=10]