Recipe made from Soya, a source of protein contributed by Vidya Lakshmi (vidyascooking.blogspot.com).
- Soya chunks (1 Cup)
- Corn flour (Corn Starch) / Maida (All purpose flour)-(2 tbsp)
- Yogurt (1/2 Cup)
- Tandoori chicken masala (1 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder (1 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tsp)
- Ginger & Garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- orange food color (1 Pinch – optional)
- Coarse salt (1 tbsp)
- Salt as per taste.
- Heat water in a pot about 6 cups water add vinegar, coarse salt and soya boil for 15 mins till soya chunks has cooked well switch off the flame and allow the soya to sit in the same water for 20 more mins.(Vinegar helps remove odd flavor from soya chunks )
- Drain the soya and rinse twice in running water drain. squeeze out the water from soya chunks and reserve in a bowl.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to the soya chunks along with yogurt, tandoori masala, chilly powder, turmeric, salt and food color mix all the ingerdients well in the soya cover and allow to marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove soya from fridge bring to room temp add the corn flour and maida mix and mix well (you can also use besan and rice flour if you dont like corn and maida combo)
- Heat oil in a wok and start frying the soya drain and garnish with coriander and chat masala serve hot with lime wedge.
Vegetarian Soya Kabab is ready to be served as snacks or compliment with beverages.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”13″ numberposts=10]