- Chopped tomatoes (1 cup)
- Onion chopped (1 medium size)
- Channa dal (1 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder ( 1 tsp)
- Asafetida powder (1 tsp)
- Dried red chilles (3)
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Oil (3 tbsp)
- curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Water (1 cup)
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom pan, add channa dal and saute till it becomes light golden brown. Add chopped onion and saute till it becomes trasparent..
- Add 2 dired red chillies and saute. Add turmeric, asafetida powder, salt and saute. Add the chopped tomatoes cook and saute till it mashes.
- Cook the mixture and blend it in a blender adding water. Empty the tomato chutney in a bowl.
- For seasoning, heat oil, add 1 dired red chilly and mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the curry leaves, switch off the flame and pour the seasoning in the chutney.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve the chutyney with Dosa, Idli or bread.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”26″ numberposts=10]