www.veenaskitchen.com is celebrating its 100th post. Chef Amit has given this recipe for the celebration of 100th post of the website.
Shahee Paneer Kofta is a royal Lucknow (North Indian Cuisine) dish and has very rich ingredients.
The Cottage Cheese or Paneer is fried and then cooked in Cashew-nut gravy and seasoned with Indian spies.
- Cottage cheese/paneer (200 gms)
- All purpose flour/ maida (50 gm)
- Cardamom powder (1/2 tsp)
- Ginger chopped (1/2 tsp)
- Green chilles chopped (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Cumin powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garam masala powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cahewnut paste (100 gm)
- Saffron dissolved kevda water (4 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander powder (1/2 tsp)
- Butter (25 gm)
- Fresh cream (2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Oil to fry
- Grate the paneer/cottage cheese in a bowl and mash it well. Add turmeric powder, salt, coriander leaves, green chillies, cardamom powder, cumin powder/jeera powder, kevda & saffron dissoved, ginger and all purpose flour/ maida and mix them all well. Make balls out of this mixture.
- Test one ball in hot oil and if it breaks, add more flour into it and mix again.
- Fry the cheese balls and keep it aside.
- For the gravy, heat a pan, add butter and oil (5 tsp).
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies and saute.
- Add cashew-nut paste and mix well.
- Add water in between so that the cashewnut paste will not stick to the bottom.
- Add coriander powder and allow it to cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add saffron and kevda water, cardamom powder, jeera/cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Mix them well and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese/paneer balls in the gravy and mix well. Cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Add butter and cream mix well.
- Garnish the Shahee paneer khofta with fresh cream, coriander leaves and garam masala.
Shahee paneer khofta is ready to be served with Indian breads.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”51″ numberposts=10]