Rajma is a curry made with kidney shaped beans, very delicious and is a great combination with steamed rice (also known as Rajma chawal) or chapati. A tasty way to include kidney beans in your diet.
Click here to watch video on YouTube
- Kidney beans (1 cup)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Dried red chilly (3, cut)
- Bhuna masala/Basic curry masala (3 tbsp) – Click here for the recipe
- Water (2 cups)
- salt (1/2 tsp)
- Butter (2 cubes)
- Black cardamom (1)
- Coriander leaves (few, chopped)
- Soak kidney beans overnight in water and cook it water, salt and black cardamom, till the beans are cooked and tender.
- Separate the stock from the beans and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add dried red chilly, Bhuna masala / Basic curry masala and mix well.
- Add cooked kidney beans into it and mix it with the masalas.
- Add the beans stock, water, mix well and bring it to boil.
- It will now form a creamy consistency, add the butter and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves.
Rajma or Kidney beans curry is now ready to be served with streamed rice. (Also known as Rajma chawal, a great combination)