Puri Bhaji is a popular breakfast dish in North India. Puri is made with wheat flour and bhaji is made of potatoes in spices.
How to make Puri:
- Wheat flour (2 cups)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Ghee (1 tbsp)
- Water (to knead)
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, ghee, water and knead it to make a stiff dough.
- Keep it aside for 15 min.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface, with the help of a rolling pin, flatten the wheat balls.
- With a cookie cutter or a container lid, give it a round shape puri.
- Heat oil in a pan to deep fry.
- Fry the puris till golden brown in color.
Puri is ready, keep it aside.
How to make Bhaji:
- oil (1 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Onion (1, chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Green chilly (1, chopped)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Garlic paste (1/2 tsp)
- Potatoes (4, boiled & diced)
- Heat oil on a wok or frying pan.
- Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add onion and saute till onion changes color.
- Add salt as per taste, turmeric powder, green chilly, curry leaves, garlic paste, little water and saute well.
- Add potatoes and mix well so that the masalas coats the vegetable.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
Bhaji for puri is now ready.
In a serving plate, serve hot puri and Bhaji.