Thanksgiving Day is family festival celebrated in US, Canada & other countries. It is the day of gratitude and appreciation, and as well as a sincere thanksgiving, offered to God for all His blessings, and as well as to the family, loved ones and friends for all their support. This day is also called as Turkey day.
Pumpkin Soup – Vegetarian Thanksgiving recipe, is a delicious and flavorful soup and is served with toast or grilled bread.
Ingredients & its measurements are mentioned below the video.
Click here to view video recipe on YouTube
- Pumpkin (400 gms)
- Potatoes (2, small size)
- Tomatoes (125 gms , blanched)
- Fennel seeds (1 tsp, powdered)
- Vegetable stock (350 ml)
- Salt as per taste
- Garlic (2, skin pealed)
- Peal the skin and deseed the pumpkin and cut into 2 cm thickness.
- Peal the skin of potatoes and cut into 2 cm thickness.
- Heat a pan, add pumpkin, potatoes, blanched tomatoes, garlic, fennel seeds powder, salt and cover it with vegetable stock till the pumpkin dips in the stock.
- Bring it to boil and shimmer it for 30 minutes till the vegetables become cooked & tender.
- Separate the cooked vegetables from the stock and blend in a blender adding little by little of the stock to a soup consistency.
- After blending, return the puree back to the pan and shimmer it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish the Pumpkin soup with grilled bread.
Pumpkin soup is ready to be served.