A simple preparation of prawn curry made in spices and coconut milk, a kerala style of making prawn curry.
- Kodampuly(Also known as brindleberry(4)/Raw mango (medium size 1/2, cut)
- Prawns(200 gms)
- Chilly powder (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coconut Oil/Cooking oil(2 tbsp)
- Onion( 2, chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Curry leaves (2 stem)
- Ginger (1 inch, chopped)
- Green chilly (1, split)
- Water (1 cup)
- Salt as per taste
- coconut milk (1 & 1/2 cups)
- Soak Kodampully or tamil tamarind in water and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add prawns, chilly powder, turmeric powder mix well and allow it to marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a pan add the coconut oil.
- Once oil is heated, add chopped onion and saute till it turns light color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the aroma of ginger garlic spreads.
- Add curry leaves and saute again.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies, water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add marinated prawns and mix well.
- Close it with a lid and cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes in slow flame.
- Add salt as per taste, Kodampully or tamil tamarind. You can also add raw mango (medium size, cut into half).
- After 1 minute, add coconut milk into it and mix well.
- Simmer it for 1 minute and switch off the flame.
Creamy Kerala prawn curry is now ready to be served with steamed rice. Enjoy!