- Ponankanni leaves (1 bowl)
- Moong dal (Green gram) (1 cup)
- Onion (1)
- Red chilies (3 pieces)
- Mustard seeds (1 tbsp)
- Urad dal (1tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1 tbsp)
- Asafetida powder (1/2 tbsp)
- Wash and cut the leaves into half.
- Soak Moong dal/Green gram for 1/2 hour and keep it aside.
- Chop onion, add salt and keep it in microwave for 3 min. (If you do not want to microwave, fry the onion in oil and keep it aside.)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilies and fry till the urad dal turns golden brown. Keep the seasoning aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add water (2 cups), turmeric powder, Asafetida powder, ponankanni leaves, necessary salt, mix well and close it with lid for 5-7 min.
- Add moong dal/ green gram, water (1/2 cup) into it and cook for 2 min.
- Add onion, seasoning and sauté it.
- Ponnankanni keer is ready to serve with steamed rice or indian breads (Roti, nan, chapati, etc.)
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”7″ numberposts=10]