Pink tea cupcakes are soft and yummy. They make fantastic tea time snacks cupcakes. Tea Cupcakes are best for a tea parties, dessert and picnics.
- All purpose flour (1 cup)
- Cornflour (1/2 cup)
- Baking powder(1/2 cup)
- Baking soda(a pinch)
- Powdered sugar(1 & 1/4 cup)
- Vanilla essence (1 tsp)
- Oil (3/4 cup)
- Icing sugar(1 & 1/4 cup)
- Food coloring (rose or pink color, 2 drops)
- Hot water (2 tbsp)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, sift all purpose flour, cornflour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Sift well and throw away the residue.
- In another mixing bowl, add eggs, and beat well.
- Add powdered sugar into it and beat well vigorously for 15 minutes. You can also use an electric beater.
- Add vanilla essence, oil and mix it gradually
- Add the sift flour into the mixture and fold in gently so that the air do not escape from the egg and sugar mixture.
- Line the muffin cups on the muffin tray and pour the batter into it.
- Fill in 3/4 cup with batter since the batter will rise while baking and will fill the cup.
- Bake it in a pre-heated over at 180 degree Celsius for 17 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Once done, check the cup cakes if they are cooked from the inside by inserting a fork or a toothpick. If the toothpick or fork comes out clean, the cup cakes are cooked. Keep the cupcakes aside and will make the icing for the cupcakes.
- In another bowl, sift the icing sugar, rose color and hot water.
- Mix well till the mixture becomes smooth. The icing is now ready.
- With the help of a spread knife, apply and spread the icing on the cupcake.
Delicious yummy pink tea cupcakes are ready to be served for tea time. Enjoy!