Paneer tawa masala is a delicious recipe that goes very well with chapati, roti or nan. It is made of Makhni gravy and takes very less time to make.
- Ghee (1 tbsp)
- Carom seeds(a pinch)
- Onion (2, chopped)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Ginger paste (1 tsp)
- Green chilli (1, chopped)
- Chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tsp)
- Paneer/Indian cottage cheese (150 gms, diced)
- Makhni Gravy (1 cup)
- Garam masala (a pinch)
- Coriander leaves (few,chopped)
- To make paneer tava masala, heat a pan, add ghee or clarified butter.
- Once it melts, add a pinch of carom seed & allow it to crackle.
- Once the carom seeds starts to crackle, add chopped onion and saute well.
- Add salt and saute again in slow flame till it turns light golden brown in color.
- Once the onion starts to turn golden brown, add ginger paste, chopped green chilli & saute it for couple of minutes.
- After couple of minutes, add chilli powder, coriander powder and saute again so that the spices mixes well with the onion.
- Once the aroma of coriander spreads, add the diced paneer into the mixture and mix well.
- Add makhni gravy and cook till the makni gravy starts to coat the paneer.
- Once the gravy becomes thick, switch off the flame.
- Sprinke garamasala, chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
Our paneer tawa masala is now ready. Serve it along with Roti, chapati or nan. Enjoy!