Crispy Onion Pakoda & Potato Pakoda are most favorite snacks in India. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney along with a hot cup of tea.
Ingredients & its measurements are mentioned below the video.
Click here for video recipe on Youtube
- Onion ( 3, sliced)
- Potatoes (2, thin sliced)
- Bengal gram flour( 1 cup)
- Red Chilly powder (1 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- oil to fry
To make Onion Pakoda
- In a bowl, add onion, Bengal gram flour(1/2 cup), chilly powder (1/2 tsp), salt and mix well.
- Squeeze well while mixing so that the water leaves the onion which will be sufficient for it to make a dough consistency.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- The water will leave sufficiently from the onion and it is ready to deep fry now.
- Take a small quantity of the mixture and flatten it.
- Heat oil in a pan and and deep fry these onion till it turns light golden brown and crispy.
Onion Pakoda is now ready to be served.
To make Potato Pakoda
- In a bowl, add the remaining bengal gram flour,salt, red chilly powder, water (1/2 cup) and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Dip the potato slices into the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these potato slices till it turns light golden brown color.
Potato Pakoda is now ready to be served.
Serve Pakodas with tomato ketchup along with a hot cup of tea.