Okra Curry (lady’s finger vegetable curry) / Vendaka Theeyal an authentic kerala recipe and is popular for its aromatic flavor and delicious taste. This recipe has been submitted by Mrs. Neetu Nair from Mumbai.
Some people look into accredited online schools when they want to learn more about cooking
Ingredients and its measurements are mentioned below the video
Click here for video recipe on YouTube
- Okra/Lady’s finger vegetable (200 gms, cut small)
- Coconut Oil (3 tbsp)
- Coconut (grated, 1 cup)
- Coriander powder (3 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder (1 tsp)
- Tamarind pulp (1 cup)
- Jaggery (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Curry leaves (few)
- onion (1 small, chopped)
- Dried Red chilly (2)
- ginger (1 inch, sliced)
- Green chilly (2, split)
- In a pan, add coconut oil (1 tbsp), coconut and roast till the aroma of coconut spreads and it turns light golden brown.
- Add coriander powder, red chilly powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of water to the mixture and blend it in a blender to make a paste. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add coconut oil (1 tbsp), onion and saute till it starts to cook.
- Add okra/lady’s finger vegetable and saute will.
- Add green chilly, ginger and cook till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the tamarind pulp, jaggery and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut paste, mix well and bring it to boil. Switch off the flame.
- In a small pan, add coconut oil(1 tbsp), mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add dried red chillies, curry leaves, saute and add this seasoning into the okra curry.
Delicious & aromatic Okra curry is ready to be served with steamed rice or chapati.