Nariyal ka ladoo or Coconut ladoo is very simple and popular dish that you can make quickly for the upcoming Diwali festival.
- Ghee (2 tsp)
- Cashew Nuts(few)
- Coconut(freshly grated of half coconut)
- Green cardamom(a pinch)
- Condensed milk(3 tbsp)
- Sugar(1 tsp or more for additional sweetness)
- Heat a pan, add ghee and cashew nuts. Roast the cashew nut till light golden brown in color.
- Once light golden brown in color, switch off the flame and take out the cashew nut in a separate bowl and keep it aside.
- Now, into the same pan, add the freshly grated coconut of half coconut and roast in slow flame.
- Saute in slow flame till the aroma of the coconut spreads and will start to turn light golden brown in color.
- Once it turns light golden brown in color, add a pinch of cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour in the condensed milk and mix well.
- Add sugar as per your taste. I have added 1 tsp of sugar and not more as the condensed milk has sweetness in it.
- Add the sugar whil the mixture is still warm so that the sugar can easily melt. Once it cools down, the mixture will solidify by itself.
- When the mixture is still warm, give it the shape of ladoo.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and give it a nice ladoo shape of lemon size.
- Now take the roasted cashewnuts and top it on the ladoo. Take one cashewnut and gently press it on the top of the ladoo.
- Do the same with rest of the ladoos.
- Once the ladoo cools, the sugar in it will crystallize and become solid.
- You can make upto 5 ladoos if you follow the measurement accurately.
There you go, Nariyal ka ladoo or coconut is now ready to be served.