- Ginger (1 inch)
- Green Moong dal (1 cup)
- Water (3 cups)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Asafetida powder (a pinch)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chilly powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garam Masala (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- Coriander leaves
- Boil moong dal adding water and ginger. Once the moong dal is cooked and tender, drain the water and remove the ginger from it.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Once it crackle, add the asafetida powder, turmeric powder chilly powder and mix well.
- Add the moong dal and saute. Add the garam masala and mix well and heat it on flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice, mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with roti, nan, chapati or steamed rice.
You might also like: [get_posts category = “28” numberposts = 10]