Green gram or Moong dal is a good source of protein, calcium, magnesium, vitamins B, C, etc. Here is a delicious way to add Green gram on your daily diet.
- Moong dal/Green gram(1 cup)
- Red chilly powder( 1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Onion (1, roughly chopped)
- Ginger (1 inch, chopped)
- Garlic (5, chopped)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Coriander leaves(for garnish)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Boil and cook moong dal/green gram in 2 – 3 cups of water till tender, and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the splutter, add ginger and garlic.
- Once the aroma spreads, add asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion turns transparent.
- Add red chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the boiled green gram/moong dal and cook them for couple of minutes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Moong dal fry is ready to be served hot with steamed rice.