Microwave Modak is a quick to make Modak recipe and would be a perfect dish for this Ganesh Chaturti festival. This is a modified version of the traditional Modak recipe for a Microwave is used for the cooking instead of a traditional gas stove. The recipe remains the same, taste remains the same. Less mess and less time consuming dish
- Jaggery (1 cup)
- Cardamom powder (1/4 tsp)
- Grated coconut (2 cup)
- Rice flour (2 cup)
- Salt a pinch
- Ghee or Clarified Butter (2-3 drops)
For the filling:
- In a mixing bowl, add Jaggery and microwave it for 1 minute on high power till it melts. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Microwave the Jaggery and coconut mixture on high power for 1 & 1/2 minute.
- In between, give it a nice mix. Allow it the mixture to come to a room temperature.
For the dumpling:
- In a microwave safe vessel, pour 2 cups water.
- Add a pinch salt and 2-3 drops of ghee and mix it. Microwave it for 2 minutes or till the water boils.
- Add the rice flour into it and mix it well. Allow the mixture to come to a room temperature. Knead the flour with hand and make soft dough of it.
- Make small balls of lemon size of the dough
- Make the balls into a cup shape. Fill in the cup with the sweet filling and seal the cup.
- We get a nice sweet dumpling. Place the dumpling in a microwave steamer/Idli steamer with water in it, and microwave on high power for 6 minutes or till the dumpling cooks.
- Allow it to cool before serving.
Delicious microwave Modak is ready to be served. Enjoy!