You might have tried masala peanut by frying it. Here is another method to make masala peanut without using oil. An oil free and tasty tea time snacks Microwave masala peanut (oil-free recipe)
- Roasted peanuts(1 cup)
- Bengal gram flour(4 tbsp)
- Chilli powder (1/4 tsp)
- Fennel powder(roasted, 1 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Asafoetida powder(a pinch)
- water (3 tbsp)
- In a mixing bowl, add bengal gram flour, chilli powder, roasted fennel seeds powder, salt as per taste, asoafoetida powder. Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Add little by little water and mix well simultaneously to get the consistency to coat with the peanut. .
- Add the roasted peanuts into the batter and mix well so that the masalas coat all over it.
- In a microwave safe dish, add the masala coated peanut and spread evenly. Microwave it on high power for 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the microwave and mix it once. If the peanuts stick to one another, turn the entire set over.
- Cook it in microwave on high power for 5 minutes.
- Allow the masala peanut to cool or it comes to room temperature.
- Separate the peanuts from one another by breaking them individually. Do not hesitate to pop couple of them into your mouth..:)
Crispy masala peanut is now ready to be served with a cup of tea. Enjoy!