Methi matrhi baked is an excellent tea time snack and breakfast dish. The dish uses methi or fenugreek leaves which has minerals and vitamins. Apart from the goodness of fenugreek leaves, it gives aroma and flavor to the dish. Methi mathri baked is a variation of the traditional methi mathri which is deep fried in oil, except here the deep fry in oil is eliminated.
- Maida/ All purpose flour (1 cup)
- Turmeric powder( 1/2 tsp)
- Chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Cooking oil (2 tsp)
- Methi/fenugreek leaves (dried, 1 tbsp) OR Methi/ fenugreek leaves (fresh, handful)
- Water to make dough
- In a mixing bowl, add maida or all purpose flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, methi or fenugreek leaves, cooking oil and mix the ingredients well.
- Add little by little water and knead into a soft dough. Keep it aside and allow it to rest.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray or line a parchment paper for baking.
- Now take a flat surface and dust the wheat flour over it.
- Take a small size of of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Now, take a flat surface and place the dough over it, press it and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Take a round shape cookie cutter and cut it. Do the same with rest of the dough.
- Now place the mathri pieces on the parchment paper or baking tray leaving some space in between
- Bake the mathri at 180 degree celcius in a pre -heated oven for 20 minutes or till it is cooked on both the sides.
- Now transfer the baked mathri on a wire rack and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Delicious crunchy baked mathri is now ready to be served with tea.