Masala wada is a made of bengal gram and is a delicacy of South India. It is very simple to make and is an authentic recipe.
- Bengal Gram/Channa dal (1 1/2 cup)
- Onion chopped (3/4 cup)
- Ginger chopped (1 inch)
- Green chillies (4-5)
- Fennel seeds (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Coriander leaves (chopped, few)
- Asafoetida (a pinch)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to fry
- Soak Bengal Gram/Channa dal in water for 5-6 hours.
- Grind them and make a coarse paste.
- Add green chillies, cumin seeds, curry leaves, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, chopped onion, asafoetida powder and mix well.
- Make small balls and deep fry in oil.
Masala wada is ready to be served with tomato ketchup.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”4″ numberposts=10]