This recipe requires idli dosa batter. If you have not seen the recipe, you can watch it here.
Masala Kuli Paniyaram is usually made of left over idli dosa batter. It is crispy, aromatic and is a delicious snacks. A special pan called paniyaram pan is used. Traditionally, this pan was made of iron. I have seen my grand mother use it to make unni appam.
Now in modern times, we get them as non stick pan where little oil is required to cook.
- Idli or dosa batter – 1 cups
- Onion chopped – 1 no
- Curry leaves chopped – few
- Grated coconut (1 tbsp)
- Asofotida powder (a pinch)
- Ground black pepper (a pinch)
- Chilly powder (1/2 tsp)
- Green chilly(1/2 chopped)
- Oil for cooking.
- Salt as per taste.
- In a vessel, add the idli dosa batter, onion, curry leaves, grated coconut asofotieda powder, ground black pepper.
- If you want it to be spicy, add green chilly and red chilly powder into the batter.
- Add salt if required since idli dosa batter will already have salt in it.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take a kulipaniaram pan, heat it, add very little oil in each holes of the pan.
- Pour in the batter and cook it on one side.
- Turn the other side and cook it the other side as well.
- Delicious and crispy Masala paniyaram is ready t be served!