Mango Rice or Manga Sadam called in Tamil is a rice preparation and is flavored with raw mango.It is very delicious and has a sour and salty taste. It is an authentic recipe of Tamil Nadu.
Enjoy the recipe during this mango season.
- Raw peanuts (1 tbsp)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Boiled rice (1 bowl, medium size)
- Turmeric (a pinch)
- Mustard seeds (1)
- Red chillies (round, 2 to 3)
- Raw mango (grated, 2 tbsp)
- oil (2 tbsp)
- Channa dal/Bengal gram dal (1 tsp)
- Black gram dal/urad dal (1 tsp)
- Raw Mango Julienne
- Boil the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal/ black gram dal, channa dal/bengal gram dal, red chillies, curry leaves, peanuts and saute till the peanut turns golden color.
- Add grated raw mango and saute. Add turmeric powder, water and cook the raw mango for 3 minutes.
- Add boiled rice and mango Julienne to it and mix well. Add salt as per taste and mix well.
Mango Rice is ready to be served.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”41″ numberposts=10]