Malai peda is mouth-watering dessert made usually during Indian festivals. As a kid, I would wait for festivals so that I could enjoy these sweets. I thought it is very difficult to make and only ‘halwali‘ (Indian traditional sweet makers) made these Indian sweets.
Malai peda is an Indian sweet and is made usually made of khoya , sugar and flavoured with spices such as cardamom. In our today’s recipe, instead of using khoya, we will see how to use panner, condensed milk to make Peda recipe. The taste is heavenly and also the process is very less time consuming.
You can try this delicious recipe through out the year and not wait for any festival or occasion to prepare it.
- Mashed paneer (Indian cottage cheese) (200 gms)
- Condensed milk (100 gms)
- Cardamom powder (2 pods)
- Chopped almonds for garnish
- In a heavy bottom pan, add mashed panner (Indian cottage cheese), condensed milk and mix well.
- Slow the flame and mix it continuously till the panner starts to leave the sides.
- Once the panner starts to leave slides and the mixture becomes semi dry, switch off the flame.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture in a flat dish. Allow the mixture to come to a room temperature.
- Now make small balls out of the minutes called pedas.
- Make the pedas and place on the serving tray. Garnish with chopped almonds.
- Malai peda is now ready to be served.. Enjoy!!