Kozhi Varathathu is chicken fry in Kerala style of cooking. Chicken is marinated in spices, lime juice and is deep-fried. The difference between this chicken fry and other style of cooking is the marinade used.
- Chicken (400 gms, cut into pieces)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder (1/2 tbsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tbsp)
- Lime juice (2 lime)
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil ( to deep fry)
- In a bowl, add chicken, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, lime juice, and mix well.
- Allow it to marinade for about 1/2 hour.
- Add salt and mix well and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- Add chicken pieces in it to deep fry till golden brown.
- Take it off the flame. Drain away the excess oil in a tissue paper.
Chicken fry in Kerala style is now ready to be served hot. Enjoy!