Keema Mattar Samosa is a snack for tea time, or a starter during meals, and children’s favorite. This wonderful recipe is contributed by Vidya lakshmi (vidyascooking.blogspot.com).
- Wheat Spring Roll Pastry Sheets
- Onion (1 Medium size, finely Chopped)
- Green Peas (1/2 Cup, Cooked)
- Green Chillies (4 finely Chopped)
- Lamb Meat (150 Grams)
- Chilly powder (1/2 tsp )
- Coriander powder (1 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
- Garam Masala (1 tbsp )
- Ginger & Garlic paste (1 tbsp )
- Lime Juice (1/2 tsp)
- Water (1/2 Cup)
- Coriander leaves (1 tbsp, finely chopped )
- Butter or Dalda (1 tbsp, clarified )
- Oil (1 tbsp )
- Salt as per taste.
- Boil 1cup water adding 1/4 tsp salt to it. Add the peas to boiling water cook till well done.
- Heat oil and clarified butter in a wok. Add the ginger and garlic paste fry till raw flavor has gone. Add onions and fry till it turns transparent. Add chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and the garam masala and fry well. Add the meat and fry it for 2 mins. Add 1/2 cup water and salt as per taste. Cover and cook the meat till half done. Add the green peas, coriander leaves, lime juice and cook again for 2 more mins so that the spices blends well to form keema filling.
- Make sure keema filling should not have any moisture it should be dry and moist when tasted.
- Cut the spring roll sheet into half . Spoon out 1tbsp keema to one end of the spring roll sheet fold the samosa as shown in the diagram.
- We will have to follow the same method and layer the pastry sheet twice or thrice to form perfect looking triangle samosa. Since the pastry sheet is thin we need to layer and fold twice.
- Once the samosa is folded seal the edges using lukewarm water.
- Heat oil in a wok to fry the samosa’s once the oil is hot place the flame to medium heat gently slide the samosa in the hot oil and fry till golden brown. Drain the oil and Keema Mattar samosa is ready.
Serve hot with pudina chutney.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”49″ numberposts=10]