Kadai Choley, made of Chick peas is the most versatile delicacy in the north of India. It can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Chick Peas (200gms, boiled)
- Tomatoes (600 gms, chopped)
- Ginger paste (2 tbsp)
- Garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Dried red chillies (6)
- Ghee/Oil (2 tbsp)
- Garam masala powder (2 tsp)
- Coriander seeds (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (1 cup, chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Green chillies( 2 large, chopped)
- Crush the coriander seeds and dried red chilly in a motor & pestle and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add garlic paste, saute and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger paste and saute again.
- Add crushed coriander seeds and dried red chilly and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chilly, 1/3rd of coriander leaves and bring it to boil. Saute till the fat starts to leave the tomatoes.
- Add the chick peas, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt as per taste and garam masala to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Kadai Choley is now ready to be served hot with roti, naan, chapaties or puri.