Kadai Choley, made of Chick peas is the most versatile delicacy in the north of India. It can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Click here to view the recipe on Youtube
- Chick Peas (200gms, boiled)
- Tomatoes (600 gms, chopped)
- Ginger paste (2 tbsp)
- Garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Dried red chillies (6)
- Ghee/Oil (2 tbsp)
- Garam masala powder (2 tsp)
- Coriander seeds (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (1 cup, chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Green chillies( 2 large, chopped)
- Crush the coriander seeds and dried red chilly in a motor & pestle and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add garlic paste, saute and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger paste and saute again.
- Add crushed coriander seeds and dried red chilly and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chilly, 1/3rd of coriander leaves and bring it to boil. Saute till the fat starts to leave the tomatoes.
- Add the chick peas, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt as per taste and garam masala to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Kadai Choley is now ready to be served hot with roti, naan, chapaties or puri.