Jinga tawa masala or prawn masala is a delicious preparation made of basic makhni gravy. It is a quick recipe and and excellent accompaniment with Indian breads roti, chapati, plain or butter naan
- Ghee (3 tsp)
- Prawns (200 gms, deshelled)
- Carom seeds (1 tsp)
- Onion (chopped, 2 medium size)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Green chilli (1, chopped)
- Chilli powder (1 tsp)
- Coriander leaves( few, chopped)
- Makhni gravy (1 cup)
- Garam masala (2 pinches)
- Ginger garlic paste( 2 tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Heat a pan, add 1 tsp of ghee and melt it.
- Add prawns and cook for a minute. Switch off the flame, take out the prawns in a seperate dish and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 1 tsp of ghee, carom seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add onion, salt and saute in slow flame till the onion starts to turn light golden brown in color.
- Add green chilli, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the cooked prawns into the masala mix and mix well so that the spices mixes well with the prawns.
- Add 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of Makhni gravy and mix them all well.
- Cook in slow flame for 1 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, sprinkle garam masala finish it of with few chopped coriander leaves over it. Mix well.
Switch off the flame. Jinga tawa masala is now ready.
Serve Jinga tawa masala into a serving plate garnish it with some more coriander leaves & Serve it hot with Indian breads like roti, chapati, plain or butter nan.