Idli fry is fried with leftover idli from breakfast and very easy to make recipe with idlis, a wonderful tea time snack.
- 4 leftover idli. Fresh will not work as it needs to be firm to fry.
- Oil ( enough to deep fry)
- Mustard seed (1 tsp)
- Powder chutney ( 2 tbsp) . Click for recipe
- Cut the left over idli into dice. watch the recipe for idli .
- Deep fry in medium hot oil till golden brown in a slow flame for 20 minutes.
- In another pan add a teaspoon of oil. When hot add a teaspoon of mustard seed. Allow it to crackle and then add 2 table spoon of powder chutney.
- Add in the fried idly and mix.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.