Idli is a rice steamed cake and Dosa is crispy rice pancake seasoned with salt. Idli and dosa are very popular South Indian breakfast dishes.
- Idli dosa batter- Show how to make Idli dosa batter
- Cooking oil (1/2 tsp)
For making Idli
- In an Idli cooker or steamer, pour the batter as show in the video demonstration.
- Steam it for about 5-7 minutes.
- Prick the idli with a stick to check if the inner part of idli is cooked well.
- Switch off the flame and allow the idli to cool.
- Scoope the idli with a spoon on a plate.
- Serve it hot with powdered chutney or other chuteny.
For making Dosa
- Heat oil in a pan and add 2 large spoons of Idli dosa batter.
- Spread it over the pan to form a pancake shape.
- When one side starts to leave the pan, turn the other side and cook the dosa.
- Serve hot dosa with onion chuteny or other chutney