Guava control diabetes, protects prostrate, reduces the risk of cancer, the juice of the leaves cures toothache, swollen gums & oral ulcers, heals wounds when applied externally, convulsions, epilepsy, bacterial infections and so on and so forth.
I found this nutritious and delicious recipe and thought of sharing it with you.
- Guvava semi ripe (3 cups, pealed and cut)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tbsp)
- Asafotida powder (a pinch)
- Corander powder (1 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Tomatoes (1 cup chopped)
- Yoghurt( 1 cup wisked)
- Garam masala ( 1/2 tbsp)
- Dry Mango Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Fennel powder (2 tsp)
- Sugar (2 tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds, saute till it crackles.
- Add asofotida powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and saute.
- Add tomatoes and yoghurt and saute well till the tomatoes mashes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add the Guvavas, reduce the flame, cover and cook it till the pieces become tender and cooked.
- Add garam masala, mango powder and fennel powder and mix well.
- Add sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Empty the subzi in a bowl and garnish it with lemon juice.
Guvava ki subzi is ready to be served hot with Roti, puri, chapati, nan or steamed rice.
You might also like
[get_posts category = ” 43″ numberposts = 10]