Ginger is an immunity boosting food that also adds flavour to the dishes. Ginger Tea is a flavourful Immunity booster drink that you can make at home to maintain good health. Ginger tea is a very easy and delicious tea known as Adrak wali Chai. You can have it with breakfast for a healthy start of the day and also as an evening tea.
In this recipe, I have used fresh ginger. You can also use dry ginger powder if you have it. Ginger is know for its medicinal properties. you can grind the ginger with a motar and pestel.
- Maida/ Refined flour (1 cup)
- Semolina / Rava (1/2 cup)
- Salt (1 tsp or as per taste)
- Carom seeds(1 tsp)
- Water to knead
- Maida/ Refined flour for dusting
- Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl add flour, semolina, salt ,carom seeds and mix well
- Add little by little water and knead into a dough. The dough need to be soft.
- Make small balls of lemon size.
- On a flat surface, dust some flour and spread it all over the surface.
- Take a dough ball and press it on the flat surface.
- Now with the help of a rolling pin, flatten it.
- With the help of a cutter or a knife, cut it into diamonds shapes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil becomes medium hot, add the diamond shaped dough and fry till it turns light golden brown in colour.
- Take the namak para on a tissue paper and drain the excess oil.
- Crispy and tasty namak para is ready to be served with tomato sauce and a hot cup of tea.