Gajar ka halwa is a popular Indian dessert, made of fresh carrots.
This is a very easy version of making Gajar ka halwa as I will be using microwave to use this dish.
- Carrots (1/2 kg, grated)
- Milk(1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Ghee (2 tbsp)
- Cardamom (powdered, of 2 cardamom pods/ a pinch)
- cashewnuts (roasted, 1 tbsp)
- Rasins( roasted, 1 tbsp)
- Grate half kg of carrots and keep it aside.
- Add the grated carrot into the microwave safe bowl.
- To it add milk and sugar. Mix it well and place it in the microwave.
- Microwave for 8 minutes on high power. In case you want you can cover the bowl with a cling film to retain moisture.
- After you remove it from the microwave, add ghee or clarified butter into it and mix well.
- After mixing it, place it back in the microwave and cook it on high power for another 10 minutes.
- Once the milk has evaporated and the halwa is dry, add powdered cardamom and mix well so that the aroma of the cardamom powder mixes well in the halwa.
Delicious Gajar ka halwa is now ready to be served at room temperature. Enjoy!