Eggless semolina cake is a healthy dish that I tried during this christmas season. It is quick and easy to make sponge cake.
- Semolina (1 cup)
- Whole wheat flour (1/2 cup)
- All purpose flour/Maida (1/2 cup)
- Baking soda(1/2 tsp)
- Baking powder(1 tsp)
- Yoghurt (1/2 cup)
- Oil(1/2 cup)
- Powdered sugar(1 cup & 2 tbsp)
- Cardamom powder(1/2 tsp)
- Milk(1/4 cup)
- Grease a cake tray and keep it aside. Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree celcius for 10 munutes.
- Sift semolina, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder together and keep it aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add yoghurt, oil and powdered sugar. Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add green cardamom powder, milk and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients ie. the semolina mixture and mix it well. Mix well till a soft dropping consistency is reached.
- The cake mix is ready.
- Pour it in the greased cake tray and bake it at 200 degree celcius for 30 minutes in a pre- heated oven.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cake from the oven and check if it is cooked from the inside.
- For that, use a toothpick and insert into the cake and if it comes out clean, then the cake is baked from the inside as well.
- Allow the cake to cool before take it off the tray.
Delicious and soft semolina cake is ready to be served.