Egg Peas Stew is a Kerala recipe, made of coconut milk and coconut oil. This is simple to make, delicious and wonderful complements with idli, dosa, chapaties, etc.
- Boiled Eggs (2, cut into halves)
- Onion (1, chopped)
- Boiled green peas (1 cup)
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Coconut milk (2 & 1/2 cup)
- Ginger (1 inch, slice)
- Green chilly (1, split)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Coconut oil (1 tbsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add the ginger slices and green chillies.
- Once the aroma of ginger spreads, add chopped onion and allow it to turn transparent.
- Add curry leaves, salt as per taste and coconut milk into the mixture and mix them well.
- Add boiled green peas and allow them to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled egg and keep it on flame for 2 minutes.
Creamy Egg & Green Peas Stew is ready to be served hot with idli, dosa, chapaties, etc.