- Prawns (250 gm)
- Red chilly powder (1 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1 tsp)
- Tamarind pulp ( 2 inch tamarind)
- Ginger (1 piece)
- Onion (2)
- Curry leaves
- Green chilly (1 long piece)
- Coconut milk (250 ml)
- Coconut oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Marinate the prawn with turmeric, red chilly powder, salt and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a vessel, add chopped onion and saute till it changes color.
- Add the long cut ginger and saute it. When you get the ginger aroma, add the curry leaves and split green chilly and saute.
- Add marinated prawns and saute well. Prawns will leave its own water, let the water evaporat.
- Once all the prawn water is evaporated, add the coconut milk and cook it for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Slow the flame and cook the prawn for another 5 minutes.
Prawn curry is ready to be served hot with steamed rice.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”40″ numberposts=10]