If you have any video recipes and would like to share it with the world, please feel free to mail me [email protected]
This is a dessert recipe made of a vegetable yellow pumpkin. This wonderful recipe is contributed by Vidya lakshmi (vidyascooking.blogspot.com).
- Yellow pumpkin ( 500 gms)
- Khoya (kova 200 gms)
- Milk powder(5 tbsp)
- Sugar(1 cup)
- Clarified butter/ghee (3 1/2 tbsp)
- Refined sunflower oil (3 tbsp)
- Water (1/4 cup )
- Cardamom powder (1/4 tsp)
- Orange food color (1 Pinch )
You can substitute for condensed milk insteed of khoya but make sure not to add sugar as condensed milk already has sugar. If you need to add sugar adjust as per your taste
- Peel, deseed and grate the pumpkin.
- Wash the pumpkin 2 or thrice in water drain pat dry and reserve in a bowl.
- Mix the Clarified butter and oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and add 2 1/2 tbsp of the oil and clarified butter.
- Add pumpkin and fry. Allow the pumkin to wilt down a bit and add the khoya, sugar and milk powder and stir for 2 mins.
- Add water and bring to a boil and cover for 10 mins on medium flame. Keep stirring.
- After the khoya and other ingerdients have incoporated well, add the food color and cardomom.
- Stir well keep on high flame and keep stiring constantly. Add the remaining butter and oil mixture.
- Allow the pumpkin to burn and have a brown crust in the bottom and nice.