Dahi Bhalla is an Indian snacks very popular dish of North India, one of the chaat dishes. It is made with fritters and layered with yogurt, delicious and very simple to make.
- Black gram daal (urad daal) (1 cup, soaked in water for 5 to 8 hours)
- Oil to deep fry
- Yogurt (beaten, 1 cup)
- Sugar(1 tbsp)
- Mint Chutney (2 tbsp). Click here for the recipe.
- Tamarind chutney (2 tbsp). Click here for the recipe.
- Chaat masala (1 tsp)
- Drain off the water from black gram daal and grind it in a grinder to make a thick paste without adding any water.
- Make small lemon size balls of this paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these balls till it turns light golden brown in color.
- Once done, drain away the oil from these vadas, and immerse it in water for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze away the water from the vada by placing in between your palms. Which will help the vada to flatten and remove water at the same time.
- Place these vadas in a serving dish.
- Pour the beaten yogurt over these vadas.
- Next, add drops of tamarind chutney over the yoghurt.
- Top it with mint chutney by adding drops of it.
- Finish it with by sprinkling some chaat masala over it.
Tangy spicy and finger licking Dahi Bhalla is now ready to be served.