Curry vepela podi is an authentic South Indian recipe. The dominated aromatic flavor of this recipe is the curry leaf. This recipe is a powdered chutney made of curry leaves.
- Curry leaves (1 cup)
- Red chilly (5)
- Bengal gram dal/channa dal
- Coriander seeds (3 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Black gram dal/urad dal (2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Heat a frying pan, add urad dal, channa dal and roast it in a slow flame for 30-40 seconds.
- Add red chillies and roast again.
- Add coirander seeds and cumin seeds and roast.
- Once the aroma of the spice spread and channa dal turns golden brown, switch off the flame and keep the mixute aside.
- Heat the same pan add the curry leaves and roast them in a slow flame till the curry leaves turns crispy.
- Once the leaves turn crispy, swith off the flame and add the leaves to the spice mixute.
- Add the mixture and salt in a grinder and powder them.
Curry leaves podi is ready to be served with ghee along with steamed rice, idli or dosa.
You might also like:
[get_posts category = “26” numberposts = 5]