Coconut chutney is a widely used accompaniment for dishes like idli, dosa, utappam, upma, pidi kozhukattai, and many more breakfast dishes.
It is made of fresh coconut and seasoned in spices. This chutney is a great combination with all types of South Indian snacks and breakfast meals.
- Grated coconut (1 cup)
- Ginger (1 inch)
- Green Chilly (1)
- Salt as per taste
- Water (1 & 1/4th cup)
- Roasted channa dal (1 tbsp)
- curry leaves
- Red chilli(1)
- Mustard seeds(1 tsp)
- oil(1 tbsp)
- Blend coconut, ginger, green chilly, ginger water and salt into very fine paste.
- Heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves and red chilly.
- Once the mustard splutter, add the blended coconut paste into the seasoning and heat it.
- Switch off the flame before it comes to a boil.
Coconut chutney is now ready. Server hot with snacks like idli, dosa, upma, podi idli, uttapam, pesarattu, Pidi kozhukattai, medu vada, masala vada,