This crusty Chocolate Date pudding is an absolutely delicious recipe & very simple to make for this Christmas and new year.
- Pitted dates (2 cups)
- water(3/4th cup)
- Sugar(1 & 1/3 cup)
- Vanilla essence (1 tbsp)
- Cooking cream(1/3 cup)
- Cooking Chocolate (chopped, half slab/1 cup)
- Egg white( of 6 eggs)
- Butter (to grease the bake dish)
- Icing sugar(for dusting)
- Add pitted dates in a pan and to it add water and allow it to cook over a medium flame till the dates become soft. About 10 minutes later, you will notice that the dates have become soft and the water has evaporated. At this stage add sugar and vanilla essence. Blend all of this in a food processor to make a fine puree.
- Heat another pan add cooking cream and simmer it on a very slow flame till it becomes warm. Switch of the flame and then mix the chopped chocolate in the warm cream till the chocolate melts completely. Pour the chocolate mixture into the date puree and mix it nicely.
- Fold in the egg-white into the date mixture and mix gently so that the volume is retained.
- Grease the baking dish in butter and pour the batter into it and bake it at 190 degree Celsius in a preheated oven till the outside forms a nice crust. It should take about 35 to 40 minutes depending on the shape and size of your baking dish.
- Allow it to cool in the dish itself and then remove onto a platter or plate. Take some icing sugar and dust it on the pudding.
There you go our chocolate date pudding is now ready. This is an absolutely delicious recipe and I highly recommend that you make it this Christmas and New year