This Sunday try the Indo – Chinese, Chilly chicken. While you will order this in a restaurant, you might have not made it in your home as it is quite time consuming. However the major task is the preparation and that is something you can do ahead of time.
- Boneless chicken (300 gms)
- Ginger (1 inch, finely chopped)
- Egg-white (of 1 egg)
- Salt (measurement mentioned in method section)
- Cornflour (1 tbsp)
- Cooking oil to deep-fry
- Onion (1, diced)
- Garlic (2, chopped)
- capsicum (1/2, diced)
- Shezwan sauce (1 tbsp) (Click here for recipe)
- Water (2 cups)
- Dark soy sauce (1/2 tbsp)
- Cornflour mixed in water (2 tbsp)
- Spring onion (4, long chopped)
- In a mixing bowl, add boneless chicken, ginger (1/2 portion that is chopped) ,egg-white, salt(1 tsp) and mix well.
- Add cornflour and mix well.
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add the marinated chicken into it and deep-fry them.
- Drain the oil and keep th fried chicken aside.
- Heat a wok and add cooking oil (1 tbsp), onion, garlic, remaining ginger, capsicum and saute well on high flame.
- Add shezwan sauce and saute well and cook furter.
- Add water into it. (If you like your chilly chicken to be dry, just add 1 cup of water). Bring it to a boil.
- Add salt (1/2 tsp), dark soy sauce.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the fried chicken into it and simmer it for few seconds.
- Add Cornflour mixed in water and simmer. The gravy will start to thicken because of the cornflour and water mix.
- Finish it off with some spring onion and mix once.
- Chilly chicken is now ready to be served hot!