Enjoy this Navratri festival with lots of sweets and snacks and this easy to make chawal ki kheer will add deliciousness and richness along with the other dishes.
- Rice(1/4 cup)
- Saffron(a pinch)
- Raisins (10 to 12)
- Milk(1 liter)
- Condensed milk(3 tbsp)
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 1/2 an hour. Take almonds and soak it in water for 1/2 an hour. Take a pinch of saffron, pour 1 tsp of water and soak it for 1/2 an hour. Take 10 to 12 raisins and soak in water for 1/2 an hour. The raisins, saffron and almonds are for the garnishing.
- Heat a pan, add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Drain away the water from the soaked rice and add it to the milk.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, slow the flame and simmer it till the rice is cooked in the milk for 15 minutes. Keep on stirring the milk gently.
- For the almonds, peal off the skin and chop them into thick slices.
- Once the rice is cooked, simmer the milk for 25 minutes and continue stirring till the rice and milk forms a creamy texture.
- Once the creamy consistency is reached, add the chopped almonds and saffron along with the water.
- For the raisins, drain away the water and add it to the kheer and mix them all gently. Switch off the flame.
- Pour the kheer in another dish and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
Chawal ka Kheer is now ready to be served chilled. Enjoy!