Chapatis are the flat bread made of wheat flour and is the staple food of Northern South Asia. It can be served with all types of vegetarian & Non vegetarian dishes.
Click here to view the video demonstration on YouTube
- Wheat flour (1 cup)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Water to knead
- In a bowl, add the wheat flour, salt, little by little water and knead to form a stiff dough.
- Keep folding the dough to make the chapati smooth.
- Take a lemon size of dough and make it into a ball shape.
- Dust some wheat flour on a flat surface and flattern the balls into round shape of chapaties.
- Roast is in a tava or a pan on both sides till it is cooked.
Spread ghee or butter on the bread and serve it with any type of side dish (Veg or non-veg)