Channa dal tadka is a curry with delicious flavor, easy to cook and is a great combination with streamed rice and chapaties.
Click here to watch recipe on YouTube
- Channa dal/Bengal gram dal (1 cup)
- Cooking oil (2 tbsp)
- Garlic (4 bulbs, sliced)
- Ginger (roughly chopped, 1 inch)
- Green chillies (1, chopped)
- Bhuna masala/Basic curry masala (2 tbsp). Click here for the recipe
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves (few, chopped)
- Cook the Channa dal/Bengal gram dal till they are tender and nice. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil, garlic and saute till it turns golden brown in color.
- Add ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add the green chillis and mix well.
- Add the cooked Channa dal/Bengal gram dal and mix everything together.
- Add 1 cup of Channa dal/Bengal gram dal stock and bring it to boil.
- Add Bhuna masala/Basic curry masala, salt, mix well and cook further.
- Finish it with coriander leaves.
Delicious channa dal tadka – lentil curry is now ready to be served with steamed rice or chapati