Baingan ka Bhartha or roasted brinjal in onion and tomato is a famous dish and is originated from the Northern part of India. Ingredients & its measurements are mentioned below the video.
Click here to watch the video recipe on Youtube
- Brinjal (1 kg)
- Ghee (2 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Onion (1 , chopped)
- Ginger (1 tbsp, chopped)
- Kashmiri Deghi Mirch / Paprika (1 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Tomatoes (2 & 1/2 cups)
- Green chillies (3, split and cut)
- Coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Coat the brinjal with ghee and roast in a medium hot tandoor, charcoal grill, gas stove or oven.
- Roast till the skin of brinjal starts to peal off.
- Remove it from the flame and immerse in cool water.
- Remove the skin, stem and chop roughly and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, add cumin and allow it to crackle.
- Add onion and saute till it turns trasparent.
- Add ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add Kashmiri Deghi Mirch / Paprika powder , salt, tomatoes and stir till the tomatoes are cooked and fat starts to leave the sides.
- Add the roasted and chopped brinjal and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add green chilly and mix well, check for salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Delicious Bhartha is ready to be served with Tandoori roti, Phulka, roti, naan, chapaties or any other Indian breads.