Beetroot in Yogurt is a simple accompaniment to any dish, and complements ande aur sabji ki biryani well
Click here to view this recipe on youtube
- Beetroot (4, grated)
- Green chilly (1, split)
- Grated coconut(1 cup)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (a pinch)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Dried Red chilly (1)
- Onion (1/2 chopped)
- Yoghurt (wisked, 2 cups)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Blend mustard seeds, cumin seeds and grated coconut in a blender and make a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add 2 cups water, beetroot and green chilly, turmeric, salt mix and cook for 5 minutes in slow flame.
- Add the coconut paste in the beetroot, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add yoghurt, mix well and switch off the flame.
- For seasoning, heat a pan, add oil, mustard (1/2 tsp), curry leaves, dried red chilly and onion.
- Saute till the onion turns golden brown in color.
- Add the seasoning to the beetroot and mix well. Garnish with yoghurt and curry leaves.
Beetroot in yoghurt or Beetroot Pachadi is ready to be served.