Banana muffin is an easy and quick to make recipe.
- Whole wheat flour(1/2 cup)
- All purpose flour/maida(1/2 cup)
- Baking powder(3/4 tsp)
- Egg (1)
- Butter (1/3 cup)
- Milk (1/3 cup)
- Banana (1 ripe)
- Vanilla essence(1 tsp)
- Powdered sugar(3/4 cup)
- Line the muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes.
- Sift whole wheat flour, baking powder and all purpose flour together. Throw away the residue and mix well the dry ingredients. Keep it aside.
- Beat an egg till it becomes fluffy. Keep it aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, add butter and milk and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it with a fork. Keep it aside.
- Remove the milk and butter from microwave and add vanilla essence and powdered sugar. Beat till we get a creamy consistency.
- Add beaten egg, sift flour and fold in gently.
- Fold till we get a lumpy batter of a soft dropping consistency. Do not over mix, once the consistency is reached, stop mixing it.
- Fill the muffin tray with the mix.
- Use a spoon to fill in the muffin tray and fill in half cup of the tray since the muffin will rise once it is baked.
- Bake it at 180 degree celsius for 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Allow the muffin to cool before serving.
Banana muffin is now ready to be served.