Shankarpali is a fired sweet tea time snack. In this recipe let us bake it instead of deep frying. Enjoy Baked Shankarpali with a hot cup of evening tea .
Shankarpali is also made during the auspicous festival Diwail as a Diwali-snack in the state of Maharashtra. It is called by different names in different parts of India.
- Egg (1)
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Ghee/clarified butter 1/4 cup
- Maida/All purpose flour 2 1/2 cup
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 Degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, milk and stir it till the sugar dissolves. Add ghee and continue mixing. Add maida or refined flour, mix well and knead it well with hands.
- Make large balls of the dough. Flatten it on a flat surface and cut them into diamond shape with knife or a cutter.
- Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 10 -15 minutes or till it turns nice golden brown in color.
- Baked shankarpali for diwali is now ready to be served. Enjoy!