Baked sev is a crispy and tasty snack. This recipe is a healthier version of the original sev recipe. Enjoy this festival with this delicious crispy sev.
- Bengal gram flour (1 cup)
- Asafoetida powder (a pinch)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Salt (1/2 tsp or as per taste)
- Lime juice (2 tsp)
- Oil (2 tsp)
- Water (1/8 cup)
- In a mixing bowl, add bengal gram flour, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add lime juice, oil and mix well.
- Add little by little water to make a soft batter. The dough should be soft and have a chapati dough consistency.
- Give the dough a cylindrical shape.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celcisu for 10 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray.
- We will use a chakli maker or sev maker or chakli press to give the sev its shape. It is avaliable in all indian market.
- It comes in many shapes. we will use smallest shape hole fo the sev maker to get thin sev.
- Add the smallest shape in the chakli maker. Place the the dough into the cylindrical shape conatiner of the sev maker and press it.
- Now close the chalkli maker and start to turn around in a cricular motion till the dough comes out from the other end.
- Once it comes out , spread it on the tray without overlaping one another.
- When it reaches the end, simply break the noodles chain and place it on the tray.
- The sev is now ready to be baked.
- Bake it at 180 degree celcius in a pre heated oven for 9 mintues.
- Once the sev gets cooked and becomes crispy, allow it to come to a room temperature.
- Break it into small pieces to give it a nice sev shape.
- You will get a crispy and tasty sev with very little oil.
- The baked sev is now ready to be served with a hot cup of tea.