Baked ribbon pakoda is a tea time snack savoury preparation. Traditionally, the ribbon pakoda is deep fired in oil. However, in this recipe, lets see how to make a baked ribbon pakoda completely eliminating the deep frying in oil part. It is a healthy and delicious option as well.
- Besan/Gram flour(1/2 cup)
- Atta/Wheat flour(1/4 cup)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
- Chilly powder(1/4 tsp)
- Hing/asafoetida powder(1/4 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil (2 tsp)
- Water to make dough
- In a bowl, add the besan or gram flour, atta or wheat flour, turmeric powder, chilly powder, hing/asafoetida powder and Salt (1/2 tsp).
- Whisk all the dry ingredients well.
- Now add the cooking oil and mix it into the dough.
- Now add water little by little to make the mixture into a dough.
- Keep the dough aside and allow it to rest.
- Now make small lemon size balls of the dough.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray or line a parchment paper for baking.
- Now take a flat surface and dust the wheat flour over it.
- Take a lemon size dough and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Once the dough is flattened, cut it with a knife about 1 inch in width giving it a ribbon pakoda shape.
- Now, place the ribbon pakodas on the baking ray or parchment paper leaving spaces between them.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius in a pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn over the other side and bake for another 10 minutes or till the pakodas cook and becomes crispy.
- Delicious ribbon pakodas are now ready to be served with a hot cup of tea.